Maximising the Media
1 person, 2-3 hours
2–3 people, 4 hours
4–5 people, 5 hours
This 1:1 or small-group workshop is designed to advance the skills of participants who already have considerable experience in handling the media. The aim is to develop their flexibility in dealing with different situations, different journalists and different styles of interviews, with an emphasis on tough interviews.
The starting point for this workshop is an interview with a professional journalist to assess existing skills. From there the trainer will encourage a higher level of performance, working on individual strengths and weaknesses.
By the end of the session participants will have:
- Solid knowledge of bridging/control techniques
- Powerful, highly-developed quotes and key messages
- Experimented with different techniques and messages
- Identified performance strengths and areas for development
- Improved their own natural communication style
- Explored a more strategic approach to media appearances
- Discussed and analysed different techniques and experiences with the trainer and journalist.
Each participant receives a USB of their practice interviews and a Maximising the Media workbook to keep.
For more information, email [email protected]