Managing the Media in a Crisis
1-2 people, 4 hours
3-4 people, 6 hours
This workshop covers the principles of dealing with media organisations that are homing in on a crisis. After first defining what a crisis is, participants are taken through the various stages of a crisis and their responsibilities, before doing interviews based on a realistic crisis scenario for their organisation. A professional journalist (confidentiality assured) accompanies the trainer.
The workshop covers:
- Defining a crisis and how it differs to a problem or an issue
- Understanding how the media’s normal behaviour changes in a crisis
- Dissecting the different stages of a crisis
- Understanding the roles and expectations placed on spokespeople
- Preparing and delivering statements
- Dealing with hostile interviews, press conferences and doorstops
- Avoiding groupthink
- The different communication options open to organisations in a crisis
Each participant receives a USB of their practice interviews and a Managing the Media in a Crisis workbook to keep.
For more information, email [email protected]